Commercial Consulting Manager
We are seeking candidates that are passionate about the outstanding and diligent commercial delivery of consulting services. You will report to the business unit leader and be accountable for all consulting contracts being delivered in line with agreed contractual terms, our quality system processes, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Great communicator who can liaise with clients, subbies and team.
- You thrive in a team environment.
- A high attention to detail.
- One step ahead. Ability to read people, understand what is required and have a desire to assist.
- Emotionally intelligent and can build rapport with a variety of people.
- The ability to interface and build a rapport with a variety of people.
- Successful applicants will have enthusiasm to learn and contribute to the innovation across all aspects of what we do.
- Those who join Wiley have a passion for quality, integrity, future focus, a sense of community and exhibit behavior that empowers those they work with.
- You are a self starter.
The key aspects of our culture that will resonate with you the most are:
Your skillset will empower you to be accountable for:
- Working with Contract Owners and were required clients (internal & external) to assess contract requirements and ensure processes and systems are followed, including compliance to the key operational requirements. Quality first
- Reviewing commercial and financial reports on weekly basis and provide recommendations for action to Contract Owners, Discipline Leaders and Business Unit Leaders.
- Working with Contract Owners to ensure Wiley System information is up to date and in line with the following:
- Conversion Cost (Approved Free Service) Contracts:
- Leads are reviewed and processed daily.
- Contract Conversion Plans including resource requirements are developed with planned cost forecasts and are reviewed on a weekly basis.
- Change Cost Requests are submitted, reviewed and either approved or rejected as per System processes on a weekly basis (or as needed).
- Proposal due dates, estimated contract value, estimated margin and estimated timing associated with all contract opportunities with “Preparing Proposal” or “Proposal Submitted” status are entered by the Contract Owners and are accurate and reviewed on a weekly basis.
- Awarded contracts and rejected contracts are converted or updated in the System on a daily basis.
- Converted (Design Management) Contracts:
- Review scopes, timing and margin targets for any converted contract (with status of “Converted Pending Contract” or “Converted with Contract Order Signed”) to ensure the Wiley System is accurate to the works agreed to by the client (internal or external)
- Review the Project Program including resourcing requirements with Contract Owner and Discipline Leader as required and ensure the Wiley System is updated on a weekly basis.
- Review the WIP (Works in Progress) and track to the program and budget.
- Escalate any contracts falling short of (or likely to fall short of) original targets to Contract Owners, Discipline Leaders and the Business Unit Leaders as required.
- Work with Contract Owners to monitor scopes of work and help manage any variations including adjustments to scope, time or cost for internal and external contracts.
- Championing the Wiley processes and Systems and recommending improvements where required.
- Coordinating and assist in the preparation of project reports and other documentation.
First and foremost, we are seeking MINDSET. Skills are trainable, but mindset is a must. We are seeking someone who is keen, wants to learn, be an equal team member and has DRIVE.
You’ll add to our culture. Wiley’s culture is a sum of its parts. We seek diversity of background, ideas and interests. Most of all we seek great humans that you look forward to working with every day, and so they look forward to working with you.
BEFORE APPLYING – Please consider employment at Wiley only if you feel as strongly about our values and culture as we do. We live, breath and play by our culture everyday.
If you love what you see and feel, Shoot us your resume.
We’d love to hear from you.
Did you know we also support defense reserves too. – Click here to read more