Relocating AJ Bush & Sons to the forefront of the Australian meat industry
A J Bush & Sons (Manufacturers) Pty Ltd are a major Australian meat by-products rendering company with facilities in New South Wales and Queensland.
A J Bush was required to relocate their rendering facility from Murarrie to Beaudesert due to environmental restraints associated with urban encroachment.
Wiley was commissioned to undertake the design and construction of the new facility and coordination of the relocation of existing operations.
The entire operation had to be undertaken so as to minimise impact on the continuing production requirements of A J Bush.
- Establishment of an efficient facility layout to satisfy the heavy focus on receiving and dispatch of product
- Coordination to achieve seamless operation in the changeover of facilities
- Coordination with offshore equipment suppliers to ensure timely delivery, installation and commissioning of equipment.
- Site master planning
- Programming and scheduling for the entire project works.
- Commissioning and coordination of all design disciplines
- Incorporation of economical site civil work designs to suit site topography
- Incorporation of air handling systems with negative pressure air flow and high turnover, advanced for the industry at the time.
- Factory inspection and monitoring of key equipment supplies
- Coordination and provision of all dedicated process services
- Coordination of process equipment installation and construction activities
- Control of programme and schedule for key equipment suppliers.
- Construction of all infrastructure works for the Greenfield site i.e. earthworks, external works, main utilities
- Construction of all building works components.
By achieving a smooth relocation with minimum upheaval to production, Wiley has assisted in placing A J Bush at the forefront of their industry.
This advanced facility will keep A J Bush in a position to maximise their potential in the dynamic Australian meat industry.