Attractive and secure solution for Advanced Self Storage
Advanced Self-Storage provides storage solutions for a diverse range of items including: documents, wine, boat, car, caravan or trailer or household goods and furniture.
Advanced Self-Storage approached Wiley to design and construct a $6 million, 9,000m2 self-storage facility in Brisbane.
The objective was to deliver a facility that was attractive, efficiently constructed, easy to maintain, protected by high tech fire sensing equipment and security surveillance, and offered efficient and flexible storage.
Designing the facility with the capacity to expand to meet future demand was also required.
- Situating a facility of this size in the inner city suburb of West End, Brisbane
- Minimising construction time and site preparation costs
- Designing for minimal maintenance and capacity for future expansion.
- Use of the time and cost effective tilt-slab construction method
- Inclusion of attractive feature colours and trim treatments, and high quality durable fixtures, fittings and finishes for ease of maintenance
- Inclusion of extensive landscaping on the site to improve its street appeal
- Use of sophisticated fire protection and computer-controlled security systems, including individual alarms on storage units and modern video surveillance
- Design for future growth with the capacity to add another 400 storage units to the facility by removing several tilt-slab panels.
- Completion of construction within four months using 110 large tilt-slabs, some of which weighted more than 35 tonnes each
- Recycling of old concrete slabs into rubble fill to reduce site preparation costs.
One of Australia’s most efficient and attractive self-storage facilities that meets the client brief, provides options for future growth and offers customers secure, high quality and flexible storage options.