Indonesia Milo production facility expands PT Nestlé’s market share
Nestlé is an iconic international brand producing and supplying a vast array of food and beverage products throughout the world.OBJECTIVES
Nestlé contracted Wiley to establish a Milo production facility within the company’s existing dairy product manufacturing compound at East Java.
- Undertaking deep excavation in poor ground for basement construction
- Meeting Nestlé’s demanding standards for construction, safety and quality of the finished facility while maintaining ongoing dairy production in adjoining facilities
- Supervising and directing the Indonesian labour force to achieve required construction standards
- Interacting between Wiley head office design staff in Brisbane and Nestlé resources in Indonesia and Europe
- Operating with restricted access for construction within the existing manufacturing environment
- Working on a site in a remote area two hours from the metropolitan area of Surabaya.
- Detailed construction planning and methodology
- Introduction of alternative materials typically not used in the industry.
- Compliance with Nestlé internal corporate detailing
- Effective communication between Wiley design team and Nestlé engineering/design resources
- Localising of the design as appropriate
- Provision of all building related design disciplines
- Innovative design to allow for future expansion and equipment access.
- Close coordination with Nestle engineers and equipment suppliers to facilitate efficient equipment installation.
- Direct subcontracting of all construction trades
- Supervision and direction of the local labour force by expatriate site managers
- Construction of:
- a two-level basement housing a 3.25m deep batching room and a 5m deep hopper room
- the ground floor, comprising warehouse, batch tipping, filling room, control rooms and mixing and rework areas
- the first level, comprising raw material silo room, the finished product silo room, power rooms and air handling unit
- the second level, comprising silo gangways and platforms to the three two-tonne silos and the 130-tonne dryer and eight-tonne vacuum plant.
Completion of the 3,600m2 facility that allows Nestle to expand its share of the growing specialty processed food market in Indonesia and South East Asia.