A healthy addition for Uncle Tobys Cereal Facility
Originally established as Parsons Bros. in Melbourne by Leonard and George Parsons when they arrived in Australia from England in 1861, Uncle Toby’s is today one of Australia’s most recognised cereal brands.
Wiley were contracted by Uncle Toby’s to design and construct a controlled environment cereal production expansion at their Wahgunyah plant in northern Victoria.
- Working on a brownfield site which required operating process and building services to be diverted whilst maintaining production
- Developing new construction methodology for the extension to achieve updated levels of hygiene.
- Early budget advice provided from Nestlé conceptual drawings.
- In-house CAD design drawings coordinated with Nestlé equipment layouts
- Detailed engineering tender and construction documentation
- Construction methodology and detailing for internal hygienic zones.
- Management of local subcontractors awarded by tenders submitted to Wiley and Nestlé project team
- Full time site supervision and safety management to strict Nestlé standards
- Open-book project cost accounting and reporting to Nestlé team.
Wiley has delivered Uncle Tobys a seamless extension to their Wahgunyah plant with high levels of hygiene and expansion capability.