Extensions boost productivity and efficiency for Hans Continental Smallgoods
Hans Continental Smallgoods is a leading Australian Smallgoods Manufacturer producing quality Ham, Bacon, Salami, Sausages, Franks and Continental Smallgoods for the domestic market.OBJECTIVES
Hans Continental Smallgoods contracted Wiley to design, construct and process engineer their new smallgoods processing spaces and packaging facilities at its plant at Colmslie in South East Queensland.
- Executing works within a tight production close-down period
- Coordinating construction works with ongoing client production requirements.
- Close consultation with Hans staff and conformity to Hans operational procedures to run construction works and production processes concurrently.
- Development of a highly efficient ‘carousel’ style system to increase packaging productivity
- Introduction of high-level hygiene protocols using access control hygiene stations.
- Completion of major changeover to new facilities within a tight two-week schedule
- Responsibility for contracting and supervising all construction trades.
The Wiley process and packaging upgrade delivered major efficiency and productivity increases to Hans Smallgoods operation.
The success of this project resulted in a further planned expansion within 12 months of the works being completed.