Australian-first capseal facility an easy pill to swallow for Herron Pharmaceuticals
Herron Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd manufactures, markets and distributes over 300 pharmaceutical and natural healthcare products.OBJECTIVES
Herron Pharmaceuticals approached Wiley to design and construct a facility for producing capseals, a product featuring the tamper-evident properties of a compact core of solid paracetamol encased in a gelatine shell, previously unavailable in Australia.
The capseals would give Herron a point of difference in the over-the-counter paracetamol marketplace.
The new facility was to be constructed within Herron’s existing production premises.
- Accommodating the new facility within the existing production premises
- Ensuring existing production capacity was maintained in safe, hygienic and secure conditions while construction proceeded
- Liaising with specialist suppliers and consultants to Herron to achieve full integration of all project disciplines
- Working to a tight project budget.
- Detailed construction planning and methodology.
- Liaison with specialist pharmaceutical consultants.
- Close liaison with services subcontractors, process consultants and suppliers of specialised pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment regarding coordination and interaction of all disciplines.
- Subcontracting, supervision and direction of all specialist construction trades, construction scheduling and procurement.
A highly efficient manufacturing facility that meets all of Herron’s regulatory requirements and the production needs.
This new facility and product development strengthens Herron’s position in the fiercely competitive paracetamol market amongst major multinational players.