Condensed milk factory a sweet success for PT Nestlé Indonesia
Nestlé is an iconic international brand producing and supplying a vast array of food and beverage products throughout the world.
Nestlé contracted Wiley to develop a sweetened condensed milk factory with can making and warehousing facilities by constructing new processing areas and carrying out major structural refurbishment of existing warehouses at East Java.
- Meeting Nestlé’s demanding standards for construction, safety and quality of the finished facility while maintaining ongoing dairy production in adjoining facilities
- Supervising and directing the Indonesian labour force to achieve the required construction standards
- Interacting between Wiley head office design staff in Brisbane and Nestlé resources in Indonesia and Europe
- Operating with restricted access for construction within an existing manufacturing environment (works included major structural piling and slab work within existing buildings).
- Detailed construction planning and methodology
- Introduction of alternative materials typically not used in Indonesia.
- Compliance with Nestlé internal corporate detailing
- Effective communication between Wiley design team and Nestlé engineering/design resources
- Localising of design as appropriate
- Provision of all building related design disciplines.
- Close coordination with Nestlé engineers and equipment suppliers to facilitate efficient equipment installation.
- Direct subcontracting of all construction trades
- Supervision and direction of the local labour force by expatriate site managers.
Wiley successfully completed the 4,600m2 facility to Nestlé’s stringent international standards. This outcome allows the company to dominate the domestic market and continue to expand its export capacity.